Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Favorite Sous Chef

Share
A few weeks ago, Theo was cranky, so I carried his stepstool into the kitchen from the bathroom and had him watch me make eggs. He was mildly interested.

I forgot all about it until Saturday morning, when I took the carton of eggs out of the fridge and set them down on the counter. Theo disappeared from the room. I continued to take more things out of the fridge. When I closed the door and turned around, there he was, standing at the counter on his stepstool. Looking at me, waiting.

Needless to say, I melted. The thought of him carrying the heavy stepstool in from the bathroom all by himself was too much for me. I knew that from then on, he'd be my little assistant when I cook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's so smart! Now show him how to make lasagna! :)