Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy 3 Months Birthday, Melody!

Share
At 3 months Melody weighs 13 lbs, 4 oz. She has almost doubled her birth weight. She has found her feet. She can roll to both sides from her back. Once there, she gets stuck and then frustrated. She's already pretty sturdy both in sitting and standing. Assisted, obviously.


She cracks up for no reason, and understands the cause and effect of making someone else smile when she smiles, and therefore smiles harder. She practices this especially when meeting new people.

Now that I'm back to work and working from home with her, she is starting to take 2 naps a day at 10:30 and 1:30. Her nighttime sleep is still far from routine. We've had 9 hour stretches, but this is rare. She usually needs a feeding at least once or twice a night.

Her hair is growing, and the color is always changing. Her eyes are still cobalt. Her cheeks are getting good and fat and rosy. Her thighs are chunky. Her feet are tiiiiiiny. I don't know if Theo's feet were this small even when he was born. He had those adorably long rabbit feet. (He still does. He's wearing a 13.5, the last kiddie size. His next shoes will be a big kid's size 1.)

We're now rotating the 3-6 month clothing into her wardrobe and figuring out what to do with all the stuff she's outgrown already. I like dressing her as a doll and as a tomboy, just as I do with myself.

I'm so in love! She looks at me like I'm GOD. But it is she who is my salvation.

No comments: