Tuesday, February 13, 2007

At the Mall With Grandma

Share
Guest Blogger: Grandma Carol


I was so thrilled to see my beautiful grandson on Saturday. Before I saw him, I called to check in with mommy and he picked up the phone and said, "Hello?" I said "Hi, honey," and heard his little voice say "It's Graaaandma." Later, at the mall, when mommy was trying on dresses, I had the pleasure of entertaining the little guy. Luckily, I had a whole bunch of stuff in my bag, including a small red heart-shaped slinky, paper, pencils and even a yummy bar of chocolate. Theo demanded that I draw a "presents tree," the body of the cat (of whom I had only drawn the head), and attempted to copy my "artwork." Out of nowhere he started to trace his hand, and then mine. It wasn't perfect, but it was still cute. I was practicing having him say, "I'm cute!!" And he was!

No comments: