Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Love Knows No Speech Impediment

Share
Joe and I have forever been teaching Theo to say "I Love You" one word at at time, since for some reason he wouldn't repeat the whole thing, but would repeat the individual words. We knew he didn't know what he was saying yet, but that evenutally he would understand.

This morning, I walked Joe and Theo to the door as they left to go to daycare. I said to Theo "bye bye" and he repeated it happily. I said, "I love you" ....suddenly I heard an unexpected "uh-voo."

There's no way to know for sure if he was aware of the sentiment behind those "words" but they really seemed to have come from his sweet little heart. Joe and I stared at each other behind blurred, teary vision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, that's so sweet. :) You know, somehow I believe he knew exactly what he said.