Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Took Him Out to the Ball Game

Share



Opening weekend for the Mets! We were there on Sunday, the first winning game I'd gone to since I was a little kid. This is their year, baby!

Excuse me, I morphed into my husband for a minute there. Anyway, on Sunday morning Theo helped me make sandwiches to sneak into the game (I'm too cheap to pay for stadium food). He was very good at layering the meat and cheese on his bread, and he put his hands on mine when I cut the sandwiches. He kept saying "cut" happily. I hope that's not a bad thing... :)

Theo's favorite part of the game was watching the many planes that flew by. He pointed out every one, shouting "plane!" His second favorite part was eating crackerjacks, which Joe insisted on getting him. "But it's in the song!"

As for the game, he sure enjoyed that too. He shouted at the players along with us, and applauded when the crowd did.

After the game we went to finish off our perfect family day in Flushing Meadow Park. We were in a good mood from the win. Let's Go Mets!

No comments: