Friday, June 30, 2006

Precious Cargo

Share
I lay out an empty suitcase on the living room floor this morning, and left it open. Tonight we are off to the Hamptons and I am one last minute packer.

Needless to say, within minutes two little orange furballs inhabited the empty suitcase.

I asked Joe to help me pack, and so he got up and began to gather things. Five minutes later, as I buttered my toast in the kitchen, Joe called out to me, "okay, I'm packed!" I rolled my eyes at this typical male notion of throwing a few things in a suitcase and being done.

I charged into the living room to tell him there was plenty more to do, and stopped short at what I saw. There was Theo, sitting in the suitcase with his legs sticking out. He looked up at me with a blank stare, as if to say, "what?"

I giggled to Joe that the cats were just in there, and he said, "I know, that's why Theo is."

Theo loves to imitate whatever the cats do...unfortunately that includes climbing onto the table!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!