Monday, March 12, 2007

Time for a Cat Post

Share
Yesterday was an exhausting, long day. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I was annoyed because I knew I’d have trouble getting back to sleep. As if on cue, Bruce came into bed and nuzzled into my armpit. He vibrated all over when I pet him, and if I stopped, he put his paw on me to remind me to continue. He was exactly what I needed. His purring lulled me to sleep.

And as for Maow, she’s entirely back to her old self now. She’s leaping, running, scatching, box-chewing, hunting, chasing…all that cat-like stuff. She also likes to be carried in my arms and give me wet kisses. It’s funny because when Theo was a baby we often had to carry him and walk him around the house, and he’d get mad if we sat down. Now, it’s the same with Maow. When I hold her, she wants me to be standing.

We decided their birthday is going to be April 21st. My mom has graciously agreed to share her birthday party with them. They’re going to be 1! I’ll be melancholy when I no longer have kittens, but man oh man, they are beautiful cats. When you get kittens, you never know what you’re gonna get. But they were stunning as babies and are stunning as almost-adults. They are my medicine and my comfort, truly. I wish I were home with them right now.

No comments: