Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lunch Date

Share
I took Theo to Wendys for lunch and ordered a frosty ( which is not quite ice cream, and not quite a milkshake, it's somewhere in between) and two orders of chicken nuggets. For years I have done the gross act of dipping my nuggets in the frosty, and it was time to introduce it to Theo.

Theo is 3 and he's a boy. What's not to love about dipping chicken into ice cream? Or dipping anything into ice cream for that matter.

Theo watched me dip my nugget into the frosty and eat it. He immediately followed suit. I was beaming with pride. Until I noticed that on his next bite, he went back to dipping with barbecue sauce. Gasp! The fiend! The traitor! He rejected my methods! He joined the long list of people who find my combination of chicken and ice cream to be inappropriate. Harumph.

No comments: