Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Streaming Success

Share
Milestone Alert! Last night I was lying on the couch talking to my mother on the phone, staring into space. All of a sudden my eyes hit the bathroom, the door was open, the toilet seat was up, and there stood Theo ... peeing!

I did a double take and looked harder to make sure I wasn't seeing things. But no, sure enough, there stood Theo with his hands holding his cute 'lil thingamajigger, and a stream of pee going so precisely into the toilet. No mess, no splattering the walls ... It was nothing like the disaster I imagined the first time to be! He was like an old peeing pro! Already suited for marriage because he flushed and put the toilet seat down.

Well, after I yelled and cheered and hung up on mom (sorry, mom) Joe and I ran to the bathroom. We made such a big deal out of Theo's accomplishment -- in fact, we did everything short of having a parade in his honor -- that Theo stood there with an enormous smile on his face that I'll never forget. It was a look of pure pride and happiness. Kids that young are happy when they please their parents ... I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

I can't believe all the non-success of sitting on the potty, and then BAM, he stands there like a big boy and goes. I have no idea if this was a one time thing or if we're on a road to being diaperless soon. But I do know it was a very special moment that will stay in me.

No comments: