Sunday, April 01, 2007

Look Who's Helping

Share
After 3.5 years, Theo is finally of some use to me. :)

We've always said he's an observer. So often we discover that he's watched us do something and we had no idea. For example, when I take a full garbage bag out of the garbage, I have other garbage bags below it already to make it easier to switch bags. The other day, I took the garbage bag out and brought it into the hall. When I came back, there was Theo with the new garbage bag trying to open it and lay it into the garbage! He needed help, but it was so cute that he knew to do it and was trying so hard.

He doesn't like getting help, and if he can do it on his own, he will. But when he realized he's having trouble, he'll succumb and ask for help then. This morning, I tried to help him open the still-sealed chocolate syrup. "I wando it!" he shouted. But seconds later..."hey mommy, help peese." He cracks me up.

We did laundry earlier and it's actually a great help the way he puts in the clothes. He has more energy than I do and he's j ust so happy to do it. Like I said, he's beginning to be useful. He'll be mopping and doing dishes in no time. Mwahahahahaha.

No comments: