Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mi Hijo Habla Espanol

Share
Last night we were in the bath, and as Theo poured water on my head he gleefully said, "agua!" I did a double take. I wanted to make sure I wasn't hearing things, so I pointed to the water and asked "what's that?" Sure enough: "agua!"

I bet there are a bunch more Spanish words from daycare that he knows, that I I'm not aware he knows. I hope to discover more! I do know he developed a fierce affection for rice and beans. I'll be happy when he's in school with English-speaking kids, but until then, I love his cultural education! And it certainly won't end in the next school. As long as he's here in NYC he'll be on cultural overload.

The rest of the country's kids have Dora the Explorer. Theo has his city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»