Monday, September 11, 2006

The Happy Schoolboy

Share
Theo is excited to wake up in the morning. Once outside, he anxiously looks for the schoolbus. He and his dad have already established a waiting routine - Theo sitting on Joe's lap outside.

When I pick Theo up from Anais'(the babysitter in our building) and we get in the elevator to go back to our apartment, he insists on wearing his bookbag.

Grace, his teacher, says he's been eating well. My tupperwares are returned to me empty.

I had fun helping Theo with his first bit of "homework." We filled out an "all about me page." He colored and I wrote little tidbits about his favorite things and about his family. I also sent a family photo along, which the kids are going to share with each other. Oh, how I wish I could be a fly on the wall!

I'm bummed that I'm not there to see him get on or off the bus, but it's a comfort to know he's in excellent hands. And we get extra special mommy and me time on nights and weekends.

No comments: