Monday, September 25, 2006

Speech Update

Share
Theo has been repeating things like mad. All weekend he walked around like an echo-machine.

At one point I asked him where something is, I forget what, and he said "here it is!" The sentence was high-pitched and squeaky - super cute.

He's also become a songbird. He wanders around singing, or lies in bed singing, or sits on a bus - yep, you guessed it, - singing. His ABC's are getting better, I'd say he misses about 10 letters.

My biggest concern is still the heavy amount of gibberish. I thought by now he'd be speaking in gibberish less and words more, but it's not so. In fact, it may be worse than ever. I hope that the gibberish is converted entirely into dialogue, and soon. I think school is helping it along, but there are some bad habits he has picked up there too. But what kid doesn't pick up bad habits at school? Overall, I think this school is the best place for him, but I do have concerns about whether being in an environment with kids more aggressive and with conditions more severe than his will hurt him more than help him. I don't think so, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

No comments: