Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Pre Preschool Post

Share
Well, this is it. Tomorrow Theo starts preschool. On Saturday my mom and I went bookbag shopping. I forced his grandma to let me pay the ten bucks for the bag. I wanted to feel like MOMMY was buying him his first bag. She had her chance with her two kids.

I was all prepared to search for an Elmo bag. But on Saturday morning I happened to turn on Spongebob, and to my surprise, Theo sang along with the song! (Well, not the whole song, but every time they said Spongebob in the song he said Babob ants.) And so, a Spongebob bookbag it was. I figured it was cooler and older than Elmo (although my heart belongs to Sesame St, I want him to be cool at school!) He wore the empty bookbag all day, it was so cute!

So, bookbag - check.

Here's the rest of the checklist:

Today after work I'm going to buy him a notebook for his teacher to report his progress to me in.

Then, I will plan his first-day-of-school lunch. This place lets you pack stuff that can be heated; they have a microwave in the classroom. Which is great, because Theo is more of a rice and pasta eater than a sandwich eater. I can't believe I'm going to be packing lunches! I wasn't expecting this yet!

Next, I have to pick out the ultra important first-day-of-school outfit. It will need to match his "Hello, My name is Theo" nametag that they're having me put on him.

I found out that the bus will be picking him up at 8:15 AM, and school starts at 8:30. I'm incredibly relieved that his bus ride will be so short. I have to get over my fear of this bus ride. I saw an overturned school bus once and that vision has never left me. I'll be going with him on the bus tomorrow.

I never slept before my own first days of school. Tonight will probably be worse. I think tonight is an Ambien night for mommy.

No comments: