Thursday, January 04, 2007

Magna Doodle

Share
Ell and Glo gave Theo a Magna Doodle, and so lately he's been making us sit with him to draw him picture after picture. It's so cute - he looks around the room and names something for us to draw. Chair, TV, table, piano... the most common request is cat. At first I was drawing elaborate cats who were licking themselves but now I draw stick figure cats, because he's satisfied either way! The second most common is to draw a "presents tree." I know, I know, awwwwww!

Sometimes he randomly thinks of someone to draw. Classmates from school, Grace, Grandma, Mimi, Gigi. Mommy and Daddy of course. And he asks me to draw Theo, too!

He played said drawing game at Stacy's house the other day and went from being wild and rambunctious to still and focused. She was amazed at the transition. She said he's going to be an artist. Great, another artist in the family... ahhhhh!

His drawing is still mostly scribbles but sometimes he produces something good. Of course, no matter what it is, it warrants a place on the fridge or in his scrapbook.

A couple of days ago I brought some work home and he stole a paper and drew on it. He brought it to me and said, "look!" I hope my boss finds it acceptable when I hand in what looks like a pencil drawing of an amoeba.

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

pretty soon, it will be a paramecium.

gosh, remember how in science class, the first thing you learn about cells is that there are exactly two of them: amoeba and paramecia. for a while, i thought that's all there was. clearly, that was before the regent's rolled around. i took the practice test cold once and got a 63. then i got cracking and read the entire biology book cover to cover. i prevailed.

man, that christmas dinner was fun. i love that picture where i look like theo's mom with the magna thing.

Elyse Orecchio said...

oh yeah, do you have that pic? it's on your phone, maybe you can email it to me and I can post it on the blog

And do you have to be bragging about your 100 on the bio regents 90 years later? :)

Anastasia said...

chagrined, alas, i do have to.