Thursday, March 13, 2008

Update on Operation: No More Diapers

Share
I don't really need to call it Operation: No More Diapers anymore, because diapers are history and have been since the day we started. (Except for the overnight pullups.) Maybe I should change the name to Operation: No More Accidents or Operation: Completely Independently Toilet Trained. :)

Mom and I had a mini triumph on Saturday; we were in Target for a good hour and Theo was in the cart whining the whole time. He was driving me bonkers; I finally asked him if he had to go to the bathroom. (I'd have asked him sooner but he went just before going in to Target.) He answered whinily, "Yeeeeees." I took him to one of Target's oh-so-clean stalls and and he let 'er rip. I stood there with my jaw on the floor as I watched him pee for 8 hours. OK, maybe not, but it was a good 2 minutes at least. This kid amazes me. Anyway, the triumph I spoke of is that he held it! There he was, upset for a whole hour, and instead of peeing his pants, he held it!! This was an amazing accomplishment. I still don't get why he wouldn't just tell me he had to go, but one step at a time, right? Naturally, afterward he was in a perfectly chipper and cute mode. Now that we were finished shopping and it was time to go home. D'oh!

No comments: