Thursday, August 31, 2006

Theo's Physical, Examined

Share
When Theo had his physical last week, it included his very first vision test! I didn't even know that they did this for kids who can't read. But they do, they use pictures. Theo scored perfectly. He identified a house, a cow, and a star (by saying twinkle twinkle star) from up close and far away. The sweet nurse and I tried to get Theo to cover one eye at a time, but he was not having it. So we'll just have to assume that both of his eyes work for now.

For height, at almost 41" Theo was in the 95th percentile for his age. For weight, at almost 36lbs, he was in the 75th percentile. The doctor said that's a little too skinny, like his mommy. But she's fat. I know four year olds who weigh less than Theo.

She asked me the 3rd year milestone questions. I usually dread those milestone questions. But as it turned out, he passed on all of them! Knows his age and name - check. Engages in imaginary play - check. Knows the difference between boy and girl - check. The doctor was so pleased to tell me that he scored so well! She's such a sweetheart, she's really cared about Theo his whole short life. Dr. Ganea was the one who insisted I get Theo Early Intervention has shown genuine interest in his progress ever since, even when I pass her on the street.

There are several people who, besides me and Joe of course, get credit for Theo getting checks on these milestones. Among them, of course, Theresa and Lorena, who are coming tonight for the last time. I'm giving them a little goodbye party. More on that tomorrow.

No comments: