Thursday, October 19, 2006

Potty Progress

Share
Warning: This post contains graphic content. Do not read if you can't handle it.





Yesterday Joe picked Theo up so I could get a manicure. While I was out, he called me, excited about a tiny little poop Theo just made in the toilet.

Joe said: "First he did a big one in his diaper and then he went and sat on the potty. I said, "Theo sat and sat and sat sat and sat sat and sat sat and sat sat and sat." [note: this is Theo's favorite page from the book: Once Upon A Potty]. And out came a little poop!"

"Wow," I replied. "Did you make a big deal out if it, was he proud?"

"Oh, he was so proud! We clapped and wiped and flushed, and then he ran and found his potty book and read it in bed. I'm telling you, our boy is smart."


Even if Theo did poop in there by accident, finishing off a larger poop that went in the diaper, hopefully it showed him what is supposed to happen when he sits on the toilet. Maybe he learned how it feels, smells, looks, etc...

Last night I put underwear on him that looked just like daddy's, but he went and got a diaper. Oh well, one step at a time!

No comments: